Sweet and sour pork
Ingredients To Prepare Sweet and sour pork
- 1 kg. pork cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Salt to taste
- 125 ml. water (for the sauce)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (for the sauce)
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup (for the sauce)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (for the sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 50 ml. of water (for the sauce)
- 1 pinch of salt (for the sauce)
- 50 g. wheat flour (for batter)
- 50 g. cornstarch (for breading)
- Sesame seeds for decoration
- Sunflower oil
How To Make Sweet and sour pork
Step 1: We begin the preparation of our sweet and sour pork, for this, we introduce the pork in a bowl and add the soy sauce, the rice wine, the beaten egg, salt, pepper and mix everything very well until integrating (we reserve the pork for 30 minutes in the refrigerator).
Step 2: In a bowl we mix the wheat flour with the cornstarch and we are going to coat our pork, when we have it ready, in a pan with oil at medium high temperature, we are going to fry it until they take a golden color (we remove and place our pork in a dish with absorbent paper to remove excess fat).
Step 3: We are now going to prepare our sweet and sour sauce, to do this in a pan add the water, ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt, sugar and mix until everything is well integrated, then add the cornstarch diluted in water and let it cook for a few minutes until the sauce takes a thick texture.
Step 4: Add our pork strips and mix with the sauce until completely covered, remove from heat, add sesame seeds on top and we have our sweet and sour pork ready! enjoy!
Tips To Prepare Sweet and sour pork
What can we accompany this recipe with?